Monday, 27 January 2014

Looking for the Good Things Day 18


I really thought I had lost my crafting mojo but then it suddenly rushed back. I made the needlecase, most of the  little rabbit, I've done quite a bit of my Snowdrop Fairy cross stitch and I made ..............


a Granny cover for my tissues! You can find patterns on Ravelry.

Yesterday I took part in the RSPB "Big Garden Birdwatch" weekend. You have to record the birds that visit your garden in a one hour period on either Saturday or Sunday.

I was so happy when these little chaps turned up so I could include them. They are Long-Tailed Tits. I counted at least 12 (they flit about so make it very difficult to count them!) They were on all the feeders and in and out of the bushes.

On this feeder there was originally five, then three


Then two


 Then one


 who suddenly realisesd all the rest had gone and flew off to join them.

I have a few houseplants in bloom at the moment. Doesn't this orchid look lovely?



Smiling at the flowers again!

Carol xx

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Your tissue cover is so sweet. I may have to get on Ravelry and check them out. I love to watch the birds and have some birdhouses around. I also used to feed them but Hubby didn't like the mess they always seemed to leave behind. Thanks for sharing these sweet pictures.
Blessings,
Betsy